Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thrifty Finds #1

I love DI. It took me a while to love it, but now I absolutely appreciate it. What is DI?

From the Provident Living website: "Deseret Industries is both a nonprofit, vocational rehabilitation facility and a thrift store."

Feel good purchases.Enough said. Now onto the find of the day.

Vintage Chip and Dip Bowl (circa 1979?)

When I found this set it came wrapped in newspaper from 1979. The folds of the glass intrigued me and so did the $2 price tag. Unfortunately the wire dip holder was missing. I went ahead and bought the set anyway. I returned to DI the following day and randomly found the wire dip holder! It was pretty exciting. For .25 more I had the completed set. And voila! This made Guacamole and Chips even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...