one of my favorite soups
and its so easy to do
1. Chop the butternut squash into sections like these and clean out the seeds and stringy-ness
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
2. Drizzle the squash (on the flesh side) with olive oil and salt and pepper
3. Turn the squash flesh side down in a lipped roasting pan (or cookie sheet) and bake for approximately 40-50 mins (depending on the size of your squash it might take less or longer).
The squash should be softer to the touch after baking.
4. Scoop the flesh into a big pot.
5. Add organic vegetable broth (add as much or as little as you want-you control the texture of the soup) and puree with hand blender (or you can mash it by hand in the pot or pour sections into a blender/food processor)
Test out a few different broth options to find what you love. The Pacific foods veggie broth lends a tomato-y taste to the soup which sometimes I love.
6. Add in some cream and stir.