i have been craving strawberry muffins for the past few days and finally got round to baking up a batch sunday evening. they were so yum! i substituted all purpose flour for whole wheat and used brown sugar instead of white. these muffins are a great way to use up the not so pretty looking strawberries in the fridge. i topped them off with a cinnamon sugar mix to add some extra sweet without adding it throughout the entire muffin.
hope you get to give them a try!
*i am feeling much better by the way- still tired but i have a feeling that won't go away until little miss arrives :)
Strawberry Muffins from Taste of Home
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl,
- whisk the eggs, yogurt, butter and vanilla. Stir into the dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray or lined with paper liners
- two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: One muffin equals 173 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,