Monday, July 19, 2010

The Best Lemon Curd




Really. I promise the title of this post is true! And the best part? It's all cooked by the microwave. Yes- delicious, pretty, and easy as cupcake. Gave some of these cupcakes to some friends (so nice to be my taste-testers) and they liked em.
Lemon Curd Inside Cupcake


I got the recipe from here, but I didn't follow the recipe exactly- I followed one helpful comment from another baker on the website.



Microwave Lemon Curd

3 whole eggs

2 egg yolks

1 ¼ cup sugar

1 cup lemon juice

Zest of 3 lemons

½ cup unsalted butter, melted

-          Whisk together sugar and eggs until smooth

-          Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and butter

-          Cook in microwave for 1 minute intervals, stirring after each minute until the mixture os hick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon

Baker’s notes:

-          Stores up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator in an air-tight container

-          Took me 5 ½ minutes to cook

-          The three lemons I zested did not yield enough juice to fill 1 cup, so I just added to the amount that the 3 lemons gave me with lemon juice concentrate to fill up to 1 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...